Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another TIME OUT

 Wetlands

We are starting to really like our time outs from remodeling, besides the guest bath is just about done. SO....we decided to take Tranquila to another close by lake for a couple of days. After surveying 3 campgrounds on the lake, we found our spot, and it was  so VERY GOOD that we felt obligated to sign up for the maximum 14 days. We are only 17 miles from our front door, an easy back and forth drive to continue work on the house and still manage to hike and fish.


Who could say "NO" to 14 days here?

The June wild flowers were W I L D. We went a hike and I collected a few to take home and identify using my most excellent John Muir Laws Sierra guide book. Highly Recommended to anyone coming to the Sierra. I am also learning to identify birds. So far we have seen Sierra Blue Birds, Woodpeckers, White Pelicans, Seagulls, Robins, Sierra Blackbirds, and way too many other songbirds to remember.

Just the start of the June wild flower extravaganza in the Sierra.
Today's Treasures
Sparky checks out 3 white pelicans waiting for leftover trout-treats from fisherman.

Speaking of trout, Darrell went fishing while Spark and I lazed around the campsite.
Kiss the Fish!
Spark and I ate trout, Darrell BBQ-ed sausage for himself!

I wish I had a photo of the HUGE Strawberry Moon last night, a most perfect way to celebrate the Solstice, instead I will share this mornings sunrise.
A muted sunrise foreshadowing that rain is on the way.
Much needed rain, so we are happy to usher in summer with wet showers.

A lovely drive home past newly bundled hayfields.
This was not far from the spot I saw my first mama bear and baby cub. 
Unfortunately, I was just too darn excited to snap a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment